Latest Bollywood, Hollywood &amp movies Download For Free

Latest Movie

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Con Air--the actors hated it, yet it turned out well, and I can't quite figure it out.


I love the 1997 film Con Air. I saw it in high school but I've seen it numerous times since then, usually when I'm sick because to me it is the chicken soup of movies. But I was surprised when I read that John Malkovich and John Cusack both hated working on the movie and were not shy about sharing that. They both said that the script was constantly changing to the point where they had no idea what their characters were doing or what their motives were or basically anything that an actor should probably know. Dave Chappelle went on record saying he basically improvised all of his lines. And yet, I love it. The editing, the direction, whatever it was, it made for a very fun movie that has so much rewatch potential. None of it makes any sense, it's homophobic and racist in parts, Nic Cage is dreadful in terms of his accent, but somehow it's still so good. I can't think of many other movies that were so commercially successful while having two of the leads actively put the film down. This movie made 224 million dollars against a 75 million dollar budget. That...is impressive given that they constantly changed the script. I think Don Simpson may have died during this movie...not sure if he was involved and found it stressful or just happened to die, but he did enough drugs to kill an elephant so there's that to consider. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/dZK4wn7

No comments:

Post a Comment