Latest Bollywood, Hollywood &amp movies Download For Free

Latest Movie

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Confession: I think I love Broken Arrow (1996)


I saw this in the theater in high school. During what was for many of us - peak 90’s action obsession. I’ve seen it so many times I can’t keep count. I’ve always been embarrassed that I keep coming back to it. Why do I do it? Well where there’s a Woo there’s a way. First, It’s obscenely over the top and implausible. But it’s also really fucking fun and full of eye-popping stunts (a guy gets helicopter bladed off a train). It’s both, incredibly dumb and incredibly kinetic at the same time. Second, there is something about Travolta’s kitschy, oddball performance paired with a laidback Slater that is highly watchable (and rewatchable). This was the prelude to the batshit bravura of Face/Off. Zimmer’s theme for Deakins at the time of release felt so wrong, but now actually feels ahead of it’s time (think of Nightcrawler and Lou’s theme), you are hearing the music in his head, which is delight, even though he’s a sadistic madman. Furthermore, I love that the bad guy is in many ways, the main character. Why not? The Joker is more interesting than Batman anyways. Also, Delroy Lindo is a 90’s icon, and I cherish anytime he’s on screen.“A Broken what?” Broken Record, it’s what we call it when someone uses this phrase too much - “they will never make a movie like this again.” via /r/movies https://ift.tt/DNcfm5A

No comments:

Post a Comment